Monday, October 5, 2009

Community Service

Howdy, folks.

This weekend, I was up at 6 am. This is before the sun, and does not ever happen. The reason? A community project we've been working on for a few weeks for class. Saturday involved ten hours of general help with a local soccer tournament. The purpose of the weekend was to sign up the kids for a league that is forming within the community, to give the kids something to do outside of school.

While it was a long day, it had been an awfully long time since I had done any community service. It's time to do more. I'm going to guess that you, as my readers (since you have the internet) are also in a position to give back. It's something that is easy to talk about, but tougher to do once push comes to shove. I'm not talking from a place on high, here. One service project hardly puts me in a position to preach- I need to start doing more on a regular basis.

The point is, do what you can. Organize or participate in a project through work or school. You'll feel good giving back to the community.

Per usual, thanks for reading.

Dis

No comments:

Post a Comment